I always envy ladies who are born with beautiful and not-so-hairy legs because they don't have to shave, wax or maybe try IPL which is ...

Veet Cold Wax Strips

12:23 PM Elle 31 Comments

I always envy ladies who are born with beautiful and not-so-hairy legs because they don't have to shave, wax or maybe try IPL which is too expensive. 

I'm one of those not-so-blessed ladies who happen to have hairy legs. I started shaving my legs when I was in college using a shaving cream and I'm okay with the result. It will only take you few minutes to shave both legs. But the effect will only last for three or more days and you'll see that the hair is starting to grow again. It feels a little itchy when the hair is starting to grow on your legs which can make you feel uncomfortable. That made me switch to waxing. Up to now I'm using this Veet EasyGrip Read-to-Use Wac Strips with Aloe Vera and Lotus Flower Fragrance for Dry Skin.


The claim:
  • Long lasting results up to 4 weeks.
  • Proven to work on even shorter hair (1.5mm)
  • Hair will regrow fewer, finer and softer with repeated use.
The box is printed with useful information like the ingredients, tips and steps on waxing and precautions.




*I forgot to take a photo but there's a printed expiration date at the bottom of the box. This will expire on November 2014.

It contains 6x2 reusable wax strips, 2 perfect finish wipes and a leaflet. 

I noticed that there's lesser wax on the strips than before. I'm just not sure if the price is still the same.

I wish they added more finish wipes to make it sufficient for every use. In case you run out of these wipes, you can use baby oil and put it in a cotton pad.


The wax strips also have printed graduation so you can measure the length of your hair before waxing. Hair should be between 1.5mm and 5mm long.


How to use it?
  • Rub the wax strips between your hands to warm the wax.
  • Holding the EasyGrip tab, slowly peel the strips apart.
  • Apply the strip withthe EasyGrip tab towards the ankle and rub the strip repeatedly in the direction of hair growth.
  • Holding the EasyGrip tab, pull the strip back on itself very quickly and in 1 swift motion, keeping the strip as close to the skin as possible. Hold the skin taut to avoid discomfort.
  • After waxing, remove any excess wax with a Perfect Finish Wipes.

After Care:
  • After waxing, your skin may be a bit red, this is perfectly normal. Rinsing with cool water will help to soothe the skin.
  • Don't scratch your skin as this might cause irritation.
  • Instead try gently pressing your skin with your hand.
  • If a burning sensation persists, see your doctor.
  • Make sure you wait 24 hours before you sunbathe or use any antiperspirant or anything perfumed on your waxed skin. 

Tips on waxing:

- Cleanse your skin and gently exfoliate before waxing to remove dead skin.
- Apply baby powder to your skin to absorb excess moisture.
- Avoid waxing on wounded skin.
- Trim your hair if it's too long to avoid discomfort.
- Concentrate on using one wax strip at a time. You can fold the other pair when not in use and rub it again by the time you're going to use it.
- Test the wax for allergic reaction by applying it on small area.
- Always read and follow the instruction.


What to expect?

- It's painful! Especially if it's your first time to try waxing.
- The wax will adhere to your skin if you're putting it on area with lesser amount of hair. That's what the finishing wipe is for.
- Redness on skin will occur after waxing.
- The hair doesn't grow faster.
- The hair regrowth is thinner.


Is this product effective? YES! I just don't have pictures but I can assure of it's effectiveness.

Price: Php 247.00

Available at: Watsons, Mercury Drugstores and leading Department stores




31 comments:

  1. I love waxing but this product looks promising. I wanna try Veet cream before but I think I'll go with this one first :D Thanks for the nice review dear. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried Veet cream but I only enjoyed the results for a few days. You'll end up finishing the tube and repurchasing the product again. This cold wax has better results if you're gonna do it according to the instructions. Plus, they have other variants for different skin type.

      Thank for reading! :)

      Delete
  2. This is nice , thank you for directing me here. I will definitely look for this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, sis. Hope this helps you. :D

      Delete
  3. The wax strips are nice.. But difficult to use for the first-timers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's why you should read all the instructions for you to get a good result.

      Delete
  4. Better than d veet cream tht ws launched in initial years.. Veet has come long way with a with a product at a economical cost, easy to carry n is of great use at any point of the day and leaves u wd a smooth n beautiful skin.. It has tht WOW factor :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it's also cheaper compared to waxing salon services. Let's hope for more product innovations from them.

      Delete
  5. Isha Baheti1/14/14, 3:54 PM

    Veet is an amazing product. It is cheap, convenient, clean, hygienic. What else does a girl need ? ;) I strongly recommend this product. Its amazing and one of a kind :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this veet strips are ausm..it helped me a lot.i got an easy way to wax.Even i got a way to wax in emergency cases.Thnx to VEET

    ReplyDelete
  7. Veet is an awesome product because it is affordable and you don't need to go to the parlour anymore! it totally works and the skin feels really beautiful afterwards. No side effects, and the hair does not come out for at least 2 weeks. Love the product.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is it reusable?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, it's reusable if it only has a few hair on the strip. But it would be better to use clean strips on your skin to get the maximum result.

      Delete
  9. aww i've a low tolerance for pain,,, i'd rather shave or use hair removal cream :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too, but I prefer this one because I don't get good results when I shave.

      Delete
  10. I'm using this to wax my underarm area. hehe. I cut the strip into half (crosswise), then I use one half for both UA. Non irritating and very effective. I should've discovered this when I waxed for the first time before my wedding (my first waxing experience was horrible). :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. pag po ba gumamit ako ng brand na yan e yung tubo po ba ng balahibo ay maninipis.?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Base sa experience ko, mainipis yung naging tubo ng buhok sa legs ko. Yun nga lang mahaba yung buhok ko sa legs kaya habang humahaba sya nagiging makapal yung tubo. Kalahati manipis at yung kalahati pa, mejo makapal na.

      Delete
  12. hindi po ba makapal ang tubo?

    ReplyDelete
  13. You give a lot of useful information. :) I've been interested in using this product but never got the courage too. (Am a bit scared of waxing. XD) Is it effective on the underarm area?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Kal. I haven't tried waxing my underarm but Veet has a smaller pack that can be used for ua. I'm hesitant to do waxing on my ua that's why I never tried it.

      Delete
  14. Hello. I have questions, how was the hair growth? Did the hair grow immediately? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took more than two week before the hair starts growing. At first it was super thin but because the hair in my legs are long, the top part grew a bit thicker.

      Delete
  15. Pwede po bA sya gamitin "down there"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, pwede din. Pero sa bikini line lang.

      Delete
  16. Sure po ba talagang effective sya gamitin lalo na sa under arms? Kasi baka di effective

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hindi ko pa na-try mag-wax ng UA e. Sa legs ko lang 'to ginagamit. May smaller version nito na pang UA, pwede mo yun i-try.

      Delete
  17. Yuun. Buti nakita ko 'to. I've been using Veet cream pero super bilis lang ng effectivity. You'll end up consuming the whole tube for just a week.
    I want to try this. Ang kapal ng buhok ko sa legs (namana ko sa Dad ko, kainis. Haha) thanks for such informative review

    ReplyDelete
  18. This would be my first time waxing my legs.. kahit shave hindi pa.. so i'm kinda scared to try.. is it really effective? how painful is it? rate it from 1-10.. 10 being the highest.. tyaka if tumubo ulit.. kakapal ba sya? kasi manipis naman siya ngayon. sadyang uneven kasi yung tubo sa ibang part.. sorry dami questions :/ thank youu!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Kristyn. Kung first time mong mag-wax, masakit talaga sya. Kung i-rate ko sya... nasa 9. Sakin manipis yung tubo nung una tapos pag tumagal na, katulad na din sya ng dati. Medyo makapal.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...